|Notes||His Last Bow: Some Reminiscences of Sherlock Holmes is a collection of previously published Sherlock Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle, including the titular short story, "His Last Bow. The War Service of Sherlock Holmes" (1917). The collection's first US edition adjusts the anthology's subtitle to Some Later Reminiscences of Sherlock Holmes. All editions contain a brief preface, by "John H. Watson, M.D.", that assures readers that as of the date of publication (1917), Holmes is long retired from his profession of detective but is still alive and well, albeit suffering from a touch of rheumatism. |
• Preface by John H. Watson, M.D.
• "The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge"
• "The Adventure of the Red Circle"
• "The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans"
• "The Adventure of the Dying Detective"
• "The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax"
• "The Adventure of the Devil's Foot"
• "His Last Bow"