Robin Hood, F.R.S.:
" "Robin Hood, F.R.S." is a short story by Arthur C. Clarke, first published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, December 1956"
From wikipedia:
"It was originally published in the British newspaper Evening Standard in 1956" refering to the series
and from ifsdb:
"Originally published in The London Evening Standard, 23 May, 1956"
From 'The other Side of the Sky' bibliographical note by Clarke: It ('Venture to the Moon) was written as a series of six independent but linked stories for the London Evening Standard,"

I'm always hesitant to change submissions by others, but this one does seem to be wrong.

Suggestions?

ifsdb link should be
isfdb

If you can verify that something is wrong, then by all means change it.

If you have a look at the history of the Works you will see that isfdb is quoted as the source: https://www.bookogs.com/work/520805-robin-hood-f-r-s/history therefore it was simply a typo.

I have corrected the first published date, the Notes and disabled the image.

Just a word of warning: isfdb is an extremely valuable resource, however it is not infallible (like any site). It is my impression that many Wikipedia articles have been sourced from isfdb and this can promulgate errors.

thethrowback wrote:

Just a word of warning: isfdb is an extremely valuable resource, however it is not infallible (like any site). It is my impression that many Wikipedia articles have been sourced from isfdb and this can promulgate errors.

Thanks.
I thought that isfdb might be using Wikipedia. That's why included the quote from the book, 'The Other Side of the sky'

I thought that isfdb might be using Wikipedia.

No doubt that happens as well.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.