Hello,

i'm currently linking a lot of Discogs/Bookogs profile. Sometimes, the Bookogs link on Discogs wont be entered immediately to the DB and show up after 10 minutes or so. This is quiet frustrating, because you dont see the immediate result of your work.
I think sometimes it even doesnt enter the discogs change at all, because i recognized a lot of profiles were the Discogs link is up on the Bookogs side, but not vice versa. I'm pretty sure this has to do with the same error as i described, because reliable people were responsible for the edit and i dont think they simply forgot.

Sometimes, the Bookogs link on Discogs wont be entered immediately to the DB and show up after 10 minutes or so.

Yeah, there has been quite bit of lagging lately in Discogs. Sometimes it takes hours for an edit to go through.

a lot of profiles were the Discogs link is up on the Bookogs side, but not vice versa.

I've just assumed that some users don't add the link to Discogs...

Some Discogs users have not been happy about the Bookogs and Filmogs links, and there has been some (unnecessary) complaining about them. Hopefully that is not stopping anyone.

I have the same thing for quite a while on Discogs where sometimes the updates don't immediately show. This isn't just the link but also the bio etc. AFAIK they do eventually appear by the end of the day / next morning.

I have noticed today the yellow sign showing the link error not disappearing despite them being linked on both sites. This happened with all my updates earlier.

I have noticed today the yellow sign showing the link error not disappearing despite them being linked on both sites

Can confirm this and i think its new.

Some Discogs users have not been happy about the Bookogs and Filmogs links, and there has been some (unnecessary) complaining about them.

Seriously? Please post a link to such discussion i need something to laugh about after all :)

Seriously? Please post a link to such discussion i need something to laugh about after all :)

Well, luckily the public discussions have been quite supportive and civil, but I've at least received some comments and messages from unhappy Discoggers who think "the sister sites are garbage", and one user also removed some of the links I had added. I don't want to name and shame anyone, but they are out there... :-)

The following thread can be useful when approached by such users:
https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/779277

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.