You now have more control over your Bookogs Collection, Wantlist, and Following lists with filtering and sorting on list pages.

From your list pages, use the filters in the left column to drill down on fields like format, year of publication (or copyright), type, what’s for sale, genre, and language. You can also filter on more than one thing at a time (e.g. check out Paperbacks for sale in your Wantlist, or Fiction books from the 2000s in your Collection).

You can also use the sorting dropdown in the top-right to sort your Collection, Wantlist and Following lists in alphabetical order, by date it was added to or edited in the database, or order by date of publication.

This should make managing your Collection and Wantlist easier, and more interesting to chop your lists into different categories. Hope you enjoy it, let us know what you think.

Thank-you, but what I really need is a private field that I can use to personalize my collection - e.g. where I can find a particular book etc.
Thanks again for all the hard work that goes into making the data base useful for everyone!

I can only see the sorting options on my Wantlist and Read pages, but not on Collection or Following pages. Any idea why?

WiebeVancamp wrote:

Thank-you, but what I really need is a private field that I can use to personalize my collection - e.g. where I can find a particular book etc.
Thanks again for all the hard work that goes into making the data base useful for everyone!

+1

auboisdormant wrote:

I can only see the sorting options on my Wantlist and Read pages, but not on Collection or Following pages. Any idea why?

For performance reasons we can only load these filters on smaller lists to begin with (less than 1024 items). We are hoping to raise this limit this in the future.

what I really need is a private field that I can use to personalize my collection - e.g. where I can find a particular book etc.

Thanks for the feedback, WiebeVancamp. This is something we'd love to add, but don't have a definite timeline for at the moment. We know this update won't solve all problems with the Collection/Wantlist feature, but is hopefully a useful first step!

For performance reasons we can only load these filters on smaller lists to begin with (less than 1024 items). We are hoping to raise this limit this in the future.

I hope you will raise the limit too... But I also need to get rid of some books. :)

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.