Is there a role for personalities or places to be portrayed on books covers or should there be one? Sometimes they're also the main subject of the books of course, but i mean cases when they're not too related to what the book is actually about. Kind of a trivia fact 'funny but this composer also made it to a novel's cover due to notorious similarity in appearance to a character', but of course a little more serious in other cases.

…and that also would be a way to 'refer all books with a butterfly/steam train/rainy weather on their covers' which i'm sure some users are interested in.

Is there a role for personalities or places to be portrayed on books covers or should there be one?

I add them as "cover photo" and the person who took the picture as "photography" just beneath. This is not the golden solution, though and it would be great to have something like "Cover photo by"

…and that also would be a way to 'refer all books with a butterfly/steam train/rainy weather on their covers' which i'm sure some users are interested in.

Youre propably thinking of Discogs lists. I hope there will be a similar feature like lists here in the future. In the meantime, we'll be propably better off with just adding content related credits as about/subject or mentioning the cover artist. This is already growing complex.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.