Discogs has writer credits such as "Lennon/McCartney" for shared credits. Is it allowed to create such a credit in Bookogs. I'm specifically thinking of Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee who have collaborated on several books. Is an author credit of "Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee" or some variation acceptable?
Another example is Niven/Pournelle who have also authored several books together.

Might need some input from some avid book readers than me. I'm stuck actually trying to think of famous book partnerships in the same mold as Lennon-McCartney. So at the moment I don't see the need for it unless there is the same level of 'dual' authorship as Goffin/King in the book world.

Lennon-McCartney was just an example. I was wondering if there was any rule against combining authors. So unless I hear from staff, I will combine.
I ran into another issue. © John and Mary Gribbin was listed as copyright holder. I'm not a lawyer, but I would have to guess that © John and Mary Gribbin is not legally the same as © John Gribbin / © Mary Gribbin. Asking for more guidance.

westpier wrote:

Might need some input from some avid book readers than me. I'm stuck actually trying to think of famous book partnerships in the same mold as Lennon-McCartney. So at the moment I don't see the need for it unless there is the same level of 'dual' authorship as Goffin/King in the book world.

Preston & Child is a pretty famous partnership.

Thought of one: Fred & Judy Vermorel.

Obsure to some but well known in my mind, now I get it!

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.