I think it has been just about a year since we launched the works feature. Since then about 30k of them have been added. I looked at which works have the most books connected to them. See the results below.

As we get more data you can see how different books and texts have evolved, spread and been published throughout history and geography. As far as I know Bookogs is pretty unique in this aspect (correct me if I'm wrong). I think that's pretty neat.

1. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - 81
  2. Bible - 61
  3. Nineteen Eighty-Four - 48
  4. Le Petit Prince - 44
  5. Gulliver's Travels - 39
  6. The Hobbit, or There and Back Again - 37
  7. Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus - 34
  8. The Two Towers - 32
  9. Treasure Island - 31
  10. Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - 31
  11. Dracula - 31
  12. The Fellowship of the Ring - 31
  13. El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha - 31
  14. Hamlet - 31
  15. Brave New World - 31
  16. Robinson Crusoe - 30
  17. Le Maître chat ou le Chat botté - 29
  18. Fahrenheit 451 - 28
  19. The Murders in the Rue Morgue - 27
  20. Преступление И Наказание - 27
  21. The Fall of the House of Usher - 27
  22. The Return of the King - 27
  23. Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There - 26
  24. Wuthering Heights - 26
  25. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - 25

A lot of classics in this list. Its pretty english centric, but some interesting world additions too. Interesting to see Alice in Wonderland edging out the Bible.

It is a good start! Now we need the same feature, maybe call it Master Comic, on Comicogs... it is sorely missing and we have a mess of editions....

That's a neat list. :-)
I agree that it's a bit surprising that the Bible is not the number one. But I'm sure it'll get there.

It's also good to give some attention to Works as a lot of newly added books are not connected to a work.

Now we need the same feature on Comicogs

Just bring the comics here, we have everything needed. ;-)

Just out of curiosity - would it be possible pull all the Works that don't have a book connected to them?

I've been trying to 'populate' empty Works whenever I find them, but unfortunately there's no way to search them.

mirva wrote:

Just out of curiosity - would it be possible pull all the Works that don't have a book connected to them?

It is, but the query I have for it now isn't really performant at scale because of the way the data is structured. I agree that something like this would be useful though, finding orphaned credits and works seems like a worthy clean up task. Let me have a think on it.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.