Here's a user who thinks this is a bulk marketplace: https://www.bookogs.com/book/613741-childrens-french-books-nos

yup, saw it too. i removed the pix and changed the title to Invalid Sub.

Damage control, but we really need removal and merge functions....

unfortunately everything is so slow and garbage subs keep coming...

I think it can be reused like the duplicates, that's at least how we've dealt with some of these in the past. It complicates things a bit if the item is for sale on the marketplace, but that's not the case here.

So, erhm, we hijack(ed) it into something else?

How would the OS even know his/her approach was not the way to go? Is everyone as vigilant to ensure his/her own submissions don't accidentally/willfully get turned into another book?

mirva wrote:

if the item is for sale on the marketplace, but that's not the case here.

Apparently that was the motivation.

I only pop in here every so often and am truly delighted that the submission form and its options keep ripening with every subsequent visit. The review process? Not so much.

hmvh wrote:

So, erhm, we hijack(ed) it into something else?

How would the OS even know his/her approach was not the way to go? Is everyone as vigilant to ensure his/her own submissions don't accidentally/willfully get turned into another book?

Yeah, it's basically a hijack, especially from a Discogs point of view. We do that to all duplicate entries (credits, works, books) by either directly reusing them, or renaming them to "Duplicate" (or Дубликат if you prefer Russian) so that anyone can use them. It all started with an early bug which created hundreds, if not thousands, of duplicate credits.

From what I've seen, there has been very little abuse of this. Occasionally mistakes are made, but this also assures the mistakes can be fixed as easily as they were made.

Active users are pretty vigilant at least about their own submissions/contributions, though I agree that the review process and especially the communication options could be a lot better.

In this case, I'm not sure if the OS would be even interested in listing their books separately, especially when the notes said they wanted to sell as a lot. But if they have notifications on, they should receive notifications of any edits/comments that were made on the submission.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.