Hi.

How much of a publication is needed to do a submisson?

In this case 2 questions!

Is it enough with just the cover of a Book / Magazine? (I have saved some covers of magazines,
i've no longer have.)

Second question.

Is it ok to add just a part of a magazine?. In this case Fan-mag included in another magazine.

Thanx.

zamla_71 wrote:

Is it enough with just the cover of a Book / Magazine?

Good question. In general, it is allowed to make a submission even if the object is missing parts, so I guess you could give it a try.

(We have the same guideline as Discogs has:
Missing or damaged parts - A submission can be made when the submitter possess a object with missing or damaged parts. The submitter must have enough of the object in their possession to reasonably guarantee the basis of the submission is correct. There must be clear object notes and submission notes left stating the missing parts that were not available at the time of submission. External information can be used to fill in missing information in this case, but the submitter must state what information has been externally sourced, and cite the source. The information must be reasonably seen to be accurate; if there is doubt or disagreement, please ask in the Forum. (1.7.6.)

https://www.bookogs.com/wiki/bookogs-rules-and-guidelines#errors-missing-and-conflicting-information)

zamla_71 wrote:

Is it ok to add just a part of a magazine?. In this case Fan-mag included in another magazine.

I'm assuming you don't have the other magazine anymore? If items were published together, I assume they should be submitted together as well.

But based on the above guideline, you could submit it as an item that is missing parts.

Thanx mirva!

That does it!
Like you said, i'll give it a go, but not just yet.

Got a couple more complete items to submit before i'll
get down to this project.

And yes, You assumed correctly. The magazines are long gone,
just kept the Fan-Mags.

Thanx.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.