Why do the books on home page are rendered by number of owners and not latest book entered? It's strange, making the home page very static and seeing the same books all the time is unpleasant.

I agree. I always enjoyed looking through the most recent additions by pictures on the start page.

+1
The most collected / read / wanted sections should stay on the start page, but latest additions in first place, please.

For anyone who doesn't know: You can still look at the nine most recent additions thru https://www.bookogs.com/stats

thanks for the link [u=GruenerTee]

anyone else agree with us?

Yes please. Latest addition on top!

I don't mind the most wanted & collected sections, but I agree that the recent additions should be displayed first.

I like the most collected, wanted and read sections, but agree with the others that the recent additions should be at the top.

Agreed also. Additions are dynamic, so for infrequent visitors there is always something changing. That might trigger more visits. Now it looks a bit static.

staff, what's your mind?
thanks

Thanks for the feedback, your arguments make sense, we will take them into consideration.

To elaborate a bit on the thinking behind adding those blocks and putting them on the top. From our analytics we believe the front page could do better at pulling (new) people in. We think the front page could do a better job of explaining what the site is about and showing more interesting/relevant content to newcomers than just whatever has been added in the last hours.

Perhaps those blocks could be shown only to logged out users. Or we could have a setting for sorting them. Happy to hear more thoughts on it too.

Just some thoughts
Maybe a different order with fewer items shown, might be an idea. That way, space for more information is also created.

For example:
[Order is determined by dynamics, so additions change more rapidly than most wanted. Most wanted change more rapidly than most collected. etc.

1. Introduction to Bookogs
    Here the goal of what Bookogs is about. And what you can do.
    Also (link to a page with) a roadmap of approved future developments (maintained by staff) is an idea. Then people can more easily determine if it makes sense to join.

2. Recent additions (+ link to page showing more items)
    [limit items shown here to 4]

3. Most wanted (+ link to page showing more items)

4. Most collected (+ link to page showing more items)

5. Most read (+ link to page showing more items)

+++++++++++
Then there might be a external news feed about all things related to the objects in bookogs. How to do that, I don't know (yet).

+++++++++++
Another off-subject remark: the link just below the reply box on Forums (MarkDown) is pointing nowhere. It says: https://www.bookogs.com/wiki/help:syntax
That page states:
Server Error
"'list' object has no attribute 'split'"

Adding monthly stats in the leaderboard, next to the total amount, might also give some competition between users.

And some sort of monthly goals of added items, as is now done in:
https://www.bookogs.com/forum/123210-goal-for-the-end-of-2016
Then that would be more visible also.

Links to pages with naming conventions etc., since I see lots of discrepancies or variations.

Making categories within the forum threads and putting this categories on the front page, so people can see what they can contribute to besides adding items or what is being discussed..

Another idea:
Some sort of graph, which shows the growth trend of bookogs.
Both in items and in users.

Then new visitors see there is really something happening here.

I like the changes!
Thanks ArkivoRividi for the ideas and Kalli for the job;)

You’re welcome, rebornventura.
Hopefully we can improve the bookogs in small steps.

Maybe it is even an idea to change to most wanted, read and collected into most recent additions to wanted/read/collected.

You’re welcome, rebornventura.
Hopefully we can improve the bookogs in small steps.

Maybe it is even an idea to change to most wanted, read and collected into most recent additions to wanted/read/collected.

thanks for the feedback ArkivoRividi, have made a note of your suggestions, we will take them into consideration.

the link just below the reply box on Forums (MarkDown) is pointing nowhere.

This has been fixed, thanks for the heads up.

Thx, kalli. Markdown works no.

And I'm curious if there are any other ideas, besides mine, for improving the front page.

Was thinking about the leaderboard:
Maybe two tabs are possible with:
tab 1: monthly scores
tab 2: overall scores

Then it will not take anymore space and both are viewable from front.

my preference would be the latest additions to the top of the page.

Me too, latest additions to the top. It's clearly better than before but the top of the page stays very static.

Hi.

I,m "bloody" tired of that hardcore singer showing of everytime
i turn this page on.
How about you?

i don't give a shit about qouting the staff here,( here it is difficult but on Discogs it is very easy) but they wrote:

To elaborate a bit on the thinking behind adding those blocks and putting them on the top. From our analytics we believe the front page could do better at pulling (new) people in. We think the front page could do a better job of explaining what the site is about and showing more interesting/relevant content to newcomers than just whatever has been added in the last hours.
End of qoute"

If you think this is the way to getting new people to join this site, you 're wrong.
The last thing they want to see is a singer with a bloody face.

"oh, it's that kinda site, nothing for me" they say.

So no to this format.
latest addition on top as it used to be.

And for all your Hardcore fans out there, got nothing against you,once upon a time i was among you with "raised fist".
Soldier on.

If this is the most read book among the 10,000 users, so be it.

Don't forget to click "not read" button when you do a sub. ( if you accually have read it).

Thanx

This sort of got lost in the shuffle, apologies, but thanks for the reminder zamla_71 (even though the tone of your post felt a a bit harsh to me).

Just released a change that like I proposed earlier, the most listed submissions will now only be shown to logged out users. So frequent users should see the recent additions near the top, while new users will still get the bloody face.

zamla_71 wrote:

i don't give a shit about qouting the staff here,( here it is difficult but on Discogs it is very easy)

You can use the quote button next to each post to quote it. Or you can start a line with the less than symbol (>) followed by the text you want to quote. More info can be found at https://www.bookogs.com/wiki/help:syntax#quotes

Let us know if you have any more questions about this.

Cool, I like it like this. Thank you Kali.

kalli wrote:

This sort of got lost in the shuffle, apologies, but thanks for the reminder zamla_71 (even though the tone of your post felt a a bit harsh to me).

Hey Kalli. I am sorry about that. That wasn't my intention at all.
But Thanx for fixing it.
It is so much better now to see the latest additions.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.