Is there a planto include a Forums search function. I'd like to not create new topics if possible, but its hard to determine if the question has already been raised. 30 plus pages of topics...

Hi, David as far as I am aware we do not have this feature at the moment, hopefully, we will get it soon.

It's funny that this reply section is labeled "Forum Search". And that there is not one.

I would have thought this database would model itself, and reuse code, from the discogs site. It has a Search Forum Threads function.

Welcome to Bookogs DavidTomlinson and thanks for the feedback. We have not implemented a forum search yet, but it is on our todo list.

It's funny that this reply section is labeled "Forum Search"

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, which section? Perhaps you are referring to the navigational elements (breadcrumbs)? That labelled "Forums Search" because it is the title of the current thread.

I would have thought this database would model itself, and reuse code, from the discogs site.

While we do build on the experience and history of Discogs the codebase for the *ogs sites is its own thing, for a variety of reasons.

Please no, not one like Discogs, that one is not very good at all. Thanks for all the recent new features we have had the last week, I think they are great.

Please no, not one like Discogs, that one is not very good at all. Thanks for all the recent new features we have had the last week, I think they are great.

Discogs is feature rich, but, yes, many things I don't like about it. Although, user paradigms in DIscogs are familiar to many of us, using the same user paradigm is useful in that a similar process can be used for cataloging or querying, no matter which database.

At this moment i can suggest only one solution to find something in the forum, just type in the Google search engine the word/sentence xyz this way:

xyz site:https://www.bookogs.com/forum

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.