I was trying to locate Che Guevara and found that he is credited as Ernesto Che Guevara which I feel is difficult to locate.

Of all the attributions, I can't find one that uses his full name (although a couple don't have images showing the credit), so I propose to retitle the credit to Che Guevara.

I am good with that, I had the same problem with him last week. I think all peoples names should be entered as they are most commonly known in English.

I prefer Che Guevara, though I was just wondering whether it was more 'correct' to use the fuller version.

I should mention that Discogs and Wikipedia list him as Che Guevara. I think the most important thing is to use a name that most people can find. I really don't see the point in using a name that is known by a scholarly few.

The other thing is I can't find any evidence that the books currently in the database actually credit Ernesto Che Guevara, as most of them use the role of About/Subject.

I'd support retitling this credit

Done deal. Thanks

Just to add to this, I really appreciate the placeholder credit approach used with Salvador Dali.

https://www.bookogs.com/credit/214786-salvador-dali

It is a great way of avoiding continued creation of duplicate credits.

Sometimes they work. There was a placeholder credit for H.G. Wells that was getting credited so often I deleted it.

There should be was a way of stopping such credits being used (saved) against new submissions.

This could be a feature request.

Something along the lines of marking the credit as "do not use, redirected" and recording the id of the good credit to use instead.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.