https://www.bookogs.com/credit/131831-in-search-of-lost-time
I propose to rename this series "À La Recherche Du Temps Perdu", because M Proust was french and all his novels were written in French...
No objections?

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but if the title is going to be changed then it should be "À la recherche du temps perdu".

There could be an argument for leaving it as is because the series is famous throughout the world and English is the primary language of the site.

Just a suggestion, if you post a Forum topic then it might be an advantage to use a heading that is more specific, e.g. "Proposal to rename À La Recherche Du Temps Perdu series".

it should be "À la recherche du temps perdu".

+1. I also think in the profile the original French title of each book should be listed first, and the English translation(s) in brackets.

It looks a bit "funny" now with the series name in English and the work titles in French, and the English titles prioritized over the original titles.

There could be an argument for leaving it as is because the series is famous throughout the world and English is the primary language of the site.

I've been thinking about this, and I think that official series names like this should be kept in their original language, just like work titles. After all, it is usually the original name that is mentioned on the books, not the English name (this applies to both series and book names).

The guidelines only mention about anything like this when talking about entities with non-Latin and Latin versions of their names (2.12.3.) - so I don't think this is anything set in stone, at least not yet.

That makes three users who think it should be À La Recherche Du Temps Perdu, so I have made the necessary changes.

I also think in the profile the original French title of each book should be listed first, and the English translation(s) in brackets.

Done.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.