I see users are using the genre Spiritualism for books that have nothing to do with that topic, when I assume they actually mean spirituality.

Spiritualism is a religious movement based on the belief that the spirits of the dead exist and have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. The afterlife, or the "spirit world", is seen by spiritualists, not as a static place, but as one in which spirits continue to evolve.

Spirituality is defined as the quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

I wouldn't have expected to see Spiritualism as a genre, shouldn't it be an about/subject credit - with the genre being Religion?

Can we ask for genres to be removed?

"Spiritualism" seems to cover both meanings:

Definition of spiritualism in English:

1A system of belief or religious practice based on supposed communication with the spirits of the dead, especially through mediums.

2Philosophy
The doctrine that the spirit exists as distinct from matter, or that spirit is the only reality.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/spiritualism

shouldn't it be an about/subject credit

Yeah. A lot on the genre list should be moved to subjects, and the staff should be aware of it, it has been discussed many times.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.