How to Contact "staff"?
I've looked in the Wiki, but couldn't find it it.
so, does anyone know?
Thanx.

There should be a small 'bubble' in the bottom right corner that you can use to contact the team.

Thanx once again!

Ok, i've seen this symbol (a smilie face with no eyes) but i could never believe that it is used for contacting the staff. I thought it was used to send a cheeky message to a friend or something like that.

Perhaps you are a member of the staff since you have such great knowledge about this site.

And once again, Thanx for the HTLM thing.
it brought a completly new dimension to this site.

Thanx and all the best :)

Perhaps you are a member of the staff since you have such great knowledge about this site.

I've just been here too much and too long. ;-)

Please, stick arund for a while, i might need more help ;)

Since you're not in the staff, i'll ask the question you anyway, just to hear your thoughts.
It is to improve the author's page.
For now you just have Books if you open an Authors page.
I would like to add Works as well as an option. i have no intrest in to know how many books that are released by an author, but my intrest is how many works the author has done. Are you following me?

Then if you open the works page you should be abel to select country to see every release from each country (again i have no intrest in how many books that are released in Taiwan or Spain). This option should simplify it for the general user who are just adding releases to their collection.

any thoughts on this or do you think i'm just plain stupid ;)

I would like to add Works as well as an option. i have no intrest in to know how many books that are released by an author, but my intrest is how many works the author has done. Are you following me?

I know exactly what you mean, and it has been already requested by others too (including me). Hopefully the staff is listening. :)

Then if you open the works page you should be able to select country to see every release from each country

I think language would be better as the "publication location" field is not that controlled (you can enter a city, a state, a country, or any combination), but there has been some talk about having some more sorting options on the author pages.

Yes please, works on the author's page would be great. I presume that is something we aim to have? The easier it is to find and group stuff the more people will be attracted to using the site.

We are listening ;)

Works on author pages is something we do indeed want to do. We just want to implement the possibility of filtering by types (and other criteria) on author pages first. This is on our roadmap. Stay tuned.

Excellent. I am looking forward to more database improvements. We can make this work and build a database to be proud of.

I'm glad to hear that too, and looking forward to the updates. :-)

I see the Format is now a mandatory field.

That is great for new submissions but it makes retrospective editing nigh impossible, such as adding Work credits.

To give an example. I want to add the Work credit to: https://www.bookogs.com/book/383062-la-cancion-del-verdugo

The Format has not been recorded, it is a Spanish edition with no ISBN and minimum other detail. I would have to spend quite a bit of time researching this book (with the real likelihood I would be wasting my time) trying to work out the Format. Effectively, no one can edit this book unless they know the Format.

Good catch, SextonBlake. We've added a few mandatory fields, including format, language, and at least one credit. Unfortunately we can't separate what's mandatory in the submission form from the edit form, so if one of these fields are not included in the original submission, it will need to be added before you can save your edits.
We've added an 'Unknown' option to the Format dropdown menu for instances where you're making an edit on a submission where the format hasn't previously been saved and it's unclear what that format is. When using Unknown in the format field, please be clear in the submission notes that it was used to complete an edit and that the format is in need of correction.
If you receive a notification about one of your previous submissions needing a format correction, please add it in. We know this isn't a perfect solution but we're hoping it will help. Happy to hear your feedback on this

Now for serious.
This is for the staff.
please fix a more easier way to connect releases from Bookogs to Discogs, or vice versa.
same goes for Filmogs.

What the helll, how hard could it be?
It should be enough to add The [r.......] to join the two sites
Why call it works or Film on different sites, just call it Master release as
we are used to(for those who use Discogs) ( and i bet we are few).

i guess you are the same provider of these sites, so i don't Believe it is so hard to join each site with Another
u should use
[b....] for Books
[c....] for Comics
[f....] for films
[g....] for games [fiction, in progress;)]
[m...] for Magazines call it Magogs or whatever, don't belong in Bookogs}
[r....] (already used) and very well !!!!!

Would it be so hard to make this and all of yor other sites to look like Discogs

It would be so much more easier for each user and the general public to access.

Why not connect each of the sites under one banner?
The OGS as a DB
from there you could choose where to enter your submission, be it Music, Films or Books or whatever that is published to the general public.

Am i wrong ? or am i just searching fr the perfect Database?

Thanx

Thanks for the feedback zamla_71. We really want to increase the crosslinking within the *ogs sites (Discogs included). You might have noticed that recently external links got added to all the different types of submissions. We plan to add better searching and linking there soon, making it easier to add links between the sites. Stay tuned.

Short-codes like the ones you mention are a good idea. But hard to do well. For instance one question with the way you suggest how you'd know which site they refer to, if I wrote [r123] does that refer to a release on Discogs or on Filmogs? Furthermore getting the ui and experience right there is tricky (the team working on the *ogs sites is small and we've got to prioritise).

Why call it works or Film on different sites, just call it Master release as we are used to(for those who use Discogs) ( and i bet we are few).

Every domain is different, people think of the abstract concept of master/work/film differently in each space. Some Discogs users may be used to the master concept but it is not immediately intuitive to everyone.

Why not connect each of the sites under one banner?

This is something we've considered and as mentioned earlier we want to improve the linking between the different sites. We think the each site makes sense on its own, but of course they can benefit from connections.

We really appreciate the suggestions though, we want to work on improving these sites with the contributors and users. So do keep them coming (and do call us when its deserved).

I had a thought about the crosslinking of the different *ogs sites.

It seems like it would be a mess if there is a separate "page" per credit/artist/actor/etc. on each *ogs site.

Each "credit" would need to be maintained individually.

For example, "The Beatles" have four "credit" pages across at least 4 *ogs sites:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/82730-The-Beatles
https://www.bookogs.com/credit/27996-the-beatles
https://www.filmo.gs/credit/102199-the-beatles
https://www.posterogs.com/subject/7834-the-beatles

Is there any talk amongst the staff to address this?

Is there any talk amongst the staff to address this?

Its something we've discussed. But as mentioned previously we think each site makes sense as their own thing. Which means that they'll each need their own structure and set up for entities like credits.

While there'll be a lot of credits that overlap ultimately the structure of the data for each site will be different and in the end most authors on bookogs wont be 1 to 1 matched on Filmogs or Posterogs and vice versa. The crosslinking should enable us to combine information from those sites in the future.

Happy to hear your feedback and thoughts though.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.