Hi all bookies!
a Quick question!
Should all releases with an ISBN # be entered to Bookogs?
Yes or no?
Follow-up question will come later depending on the answers.

Thanx. // zamla_71

Not sure if I understand the question.

Bookogs is inclusive of all publications regardless of whether or not they were issued with an SBN/ISBN. The 9 digit SBN system was introduced in 1966 and this later became the 10 digit ISBN in the early 1970s. The 13 digit ISBN was introduced on 1 January 2007. Most books published from the mid-1960s onwards have been issued with an SBN/ISBN, but the system is not mandatory.

If you are submitting a book that has an SBN/ISBN then by all means include it in the Identifying Codes section.

Unfortunately, SBN/ISBN codes are not currently searchable on Bookogs, hopefully this will be amended at some stage.

I think he might mean the non-book items with ISBNs, ISBNs are not exclusive to books, but can be found on book-like items as well (notebooks, calendars, etc.)

If that's the case, I don't think they are all valid, but some might be. Do you have any examples?

No, i mean comic books and graphic novel which have an ISBN Code.

I have several cartoon and comics which got an ISBN Code and several without
a code. The ones without i would put on Comicogs without question.
But the ones with a ISBN code i've like to add here on Bookogs even if it is a cartoon or graphic novel.
Isn't it supposed to be a book if it got an ISBN #?

All comics and graphic novels go to Comicogs, unfortunately. Cartoons you can submit here.

Ok. Thanx

Hello again!
once again a question about ISBN #.

In a book i recently submitted there are 2 ISBN #.
One is printed in the book and the other is printed on the dust jacket.

The book was a x-mas gift from the Company i work for, could that have something to do with it?

The Company name is printed on the back of the dust jacket.

So could a ISBN # be just for the dust jacket?

Thanx

Just out of interest have you tried searching for the two individual ISBNs on the Internet to see if both are listed?

ISBNs can be a messy affair. Occasionally, a publisher will mistakenly use an ISBN that has been previously used for something else. I haven't encountered a book with two ISBNs, but I did submit one that had two different barcodes.

Who knows he could be just down to human error. I would just add both to the Identifying Codes section, and detail the location of each in the Notes.

Who knows it could be just down to human error. I would just add both to the Identifying Codes section, and detail the location of each in the Notes.

Hi SextonBlake.

Could only find one of them so far...

However i don't believe that the retail edition of the book got my Company logo and a message from our (at that time) Verkställande Direktör (Head of Cheif or whatever it's called in English).

So i think this is a special edition just for our Company and maybe the other ISBN# is just for this edition.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanx

So i think this is a special edition just for our Company and maybe the other ISBN# is just for this edition.

You could be right. Maybe the only person who really knows the history behind all of this is the person responsible for allocating the ISBNs. Any suggestion I make is purely guesswork. I don't know if you are familiar with http://www.worldcat.org/ but they have a large database. If you haven't already searched there, then it could be worth a try.

Otherwise, all you can do in this situation is simply record the data accurately in your submission.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.