anyone else having trouble with editing images?

Yeah, moving them around is a bit tricky.

It was reported in the bug thread:
https://www.bookogs.com/forum/305997-warning-bug-in-the-system

Is that the problem you're having too?

I loaded 1 image and then tried to load another but everything was frozen up. I went to another book to try and had the same problem.

Ok, that's a different problem then. I haven't experienced that, at least not yet.

I just tried with another book and the same thing happened - after I load the first image and try to load another the choose image function is frozen and so is everything else. Staff does not reply to my posts. I am getting very frustrated with this data base!

I not experiencing any problems. What internet browser are using?

google chrome

So am I. That doesn't explain it. The only other suggestion I can make is when you see the image freeze up, open the Google Chrome console:

To open the dedicated Console panel, either:
Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac).

The console will have a list of what is actually happening at the time. If you can take a screen shot of this information and upload the image to an image sharing site such as imgur and provide the link to the staff. At least this gives them an understanding of what might be causing the screen to freeze.

Also remember it is 21:30 in Portland, Oregon as I write this, so I doubt if the staff will attend to messages at this time.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with editing and uploading images, we've just made some improvements to the image uploader/editor which should resolve it. You can now upload several images at once, drag and drop images from your files or other browsers/tabs, and view your uploads before saving. Hope this helps!

I am liking the new image uploader, great we can upload several at the same time, the only trouble I am having is rearranging them.

Thanks Supernaut1970! You should be able to just drag and drop to rearrange as well, does that work?

Problem solved!
Thanks everyone and I am liking the new image set-up.

I can't wait to test drive it. Thanks for the upgrade.

Yeah, I got used to it now. I have been able to pre-arrange them to upload in the order I want them to be in.
Thanks.

Just went for a spin around the block and I'm liking it.

Only one suggestion: once the image is saved I would like to be automatically returned to the item I just added the images to.

This was something I thought about also but then I noticed a link at the top left of the screen to click on to take you back there, but I did like it when it went automatically.

You can now upload several images at once, drag and drop images from your files or other browsers/tabs, and view your uploads before saving.

I like the sound of this. I can't wait to test it - but gotta take care of work first. :(

It's definitely a quicker system.

I agree that it's a lot better system, though I've had the interface freeze a couple of times when dragging and dropping several images at once.

once the image is saved I would like to be automatically returned to the item I just added the images to.

Yeah, I liked this too. I feel like now it's an extra click to return to the release page.

Also, when uploading images one by one, it would be nice if the image uploaded first would stay first, i.e. the images uploaded after that would be added after it, not before it. It's not a huge deal, but it seems a bit odd.

Good to see that the release page is now automatically returned once the image is saved. Thanks.

Gee, now we can preview comments in the Forum. It must be Christmas.

Thanks for changing the uploading order. :)

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.