The publishing house was founded in Milan, in Corso Roma 36, by the printer -programmer Amilcare Pizzi in 1914 with the two thousand lire of engagement obtained by the company "Milano F .C." of which he was a footballer. The small company employed no more than fifteen workers at the beginning. In 1919, Pizzi joined Pietro Izio, founding the "Pizzi & Pizio Arti Grafiche".
The company was acquired by Elcograf (Mondadori Group) in 2015.