The Lensman series is a series of science fiction novels by American author E. E.'Doc' Smith.
• Triplanetary (1948) - first serialized in four parts in Amazing Stories, January–April 1934
• First Lensman (1950)
• Galactic Patrol (1950) - first serialized in six parts in Astounding Stories, September 1937 – February 1938
• Grey Lensman (1951) - first serialized in four parts in Astounding Stories, October 1939 – January 1940
• Second Stage Lensmen (1953) - first serialized in four parts in Astounding Stories, November 1941 – February 1942
• Children of the Lens (1954) - first serialized in four parts in Astounding Stories, November 1947 – February 1948
• The Vortex Blaster (1960) - a collection of three previously published short stories (known as the Vortex Blaster series):
- "The Vortex Blaster" - first published in Comet, July 1941
- "Storm Cloud on Deka" - first published in Astonishing Stories, June 1942
- "The Vortex Blaster Makes War" - first published in Astonishing Stories, October 1942
On July 14, 1965, Smith gave written permission to William B. Ellern to continue the Lensman series, which led to the publishing of "Moon Prospector" in 1966, New Lensman (which contained "Moon Prospector") in 1975 and Triplanetary Agent in 1978.
Three additional Lensmen novels that feature the alien Second-Stage Lensmen (known as the Second-Stage Lensman Trilogy) were written by David Kyle, published in paperback between 1980 and 1983 and reissued in 2004:
• The Dragon Lensman (Worsel, the Velantian)
• Lensman from Rigel (Tregonsee, the Rigellian)
• Z-Lensman (Nadreck the Palainian)