The Bath Press

The Bath Press had been producing books throughout the 20th century under various names; the Phonetic Institute from 1913, Pitman Press from 1934, Pitman Ltd from 1974 and later The Bath Press. In its most recent years it was owned by French company CPI. By the beginning of the 21st century, however, competition from foreign companies, especially in Asia, meant that the company was making considerable losses and in 2007 the decision was made to close the Bath Press, and a branch of the company in Glasgow, with the loss of around 250 jobs.

Comments

There are no comments... Yet!
Login or Register to post a comment